By Miranda Carter
Love shopping? Or only window shopping? Here are some shopping words. You can learn the words first or do the quiz right away.
Mall – a large building or series of connected buildings containing a variety of retail stores and typically also restaurants.
Purchase – to buy something
Fitting Room – a room or area in a shop where you can put on clothes to check that they fit
Window shopping – the activity of looking at the goods displayed in shop windows, especially without intending to buy anything.
Outfit – a set of clothes worn together
Salespeople – persons employed to sell goods or services
Department Store – a large store that has separate areas in which different kinds of products are sold
Return – to bring, give, send, or take (something) to the place that it came from
Accessories – fashion accessories such as scarves, handkerchiefs, bracelets, and rings
Jeweler – a person who makes, repairs, or sells jewelry and watches
Now do the Quiz.
This is a Silver Member Quiz. If you’re a member, you can do this quiz online and check your answers.
1. I love ___________. I don’t have enough money to buy anything, but it’s fun to look.
2. The ___________ were not very friendly at that store.
3. I needed to get my ring resized, so I went to the ___________ down the street.
4. I went to the store yesterday and bought a new ___________. I have new jeans, a shirt, a hat, and some shoes.
5. I love wearing ___________ – bracelets, watches, hats, you name it!
6. The new ___________ was very large and had a huge selection of items for men, women, and children.
7. I went shopping with the intent to ___________ something, but I ended up buying nothing.
8. She loves going to the ___________ to shop for clothes – it has many different stores and options.
9. His new jeans didn’t fit very well, so he decided to ___________ them and get his money back.
10. She went into the ___________ to try on some jeans she liked.